Plastic Dreams & Dramachine
follow my new tumblr. goodbye old tumblr account.
moving to my nth blog. follow away!
Ani 37 (Cleansing and Renewal) 2012. New literary works (fiction, poetry essay) in Filipino, English and the Philippine languages (with translations) tackling or shedding light on the Filipino character, personality or culture that needs to be cleansed and renewed for national growth.
Launch Date: November 29, 2012
Time: Five in the afternoon
Venue: CCP Promenade
Herminio S. Beltran, Jr.
Chief Culture and Arts Officer, Intertextual Division
Managing Editor and Launch Coordinator
Rommel M. Manto
Graphic Artist and Designer
Jasmin Sobrepeña Tresvalles
Culture and Arts Officer II
Nestor Librano Lucena
Launch Stage Manager
Ria Kristina Torrente
Web Accounts Manager and Launch Photo Documentation
CCP Tumblr: CCP launches silver anniversary edition of Ani literary journal
THE Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP) through its Intertextual Division celebrates the 25th anniversary of its literary journal by launching Ani 37, the Cleansing and Renewal issue, on November 29, 2012 at the CCP Promenade at five in the afternoon. Ani 37 contains 97 works of prose and…
(Source: loseresque, via insideimsinging)
The 50 Questions Tag
I got tagged by RedHead ^_^v
1. State your last name: Torrente
2. State the name that your parents almost named you. —-Maria Kristina
3. Which of your relatives do you get along with the most?My cousin Dang
4. What was your first job? Technical Support Representative
5. Did anything embarrassing happen this week? —- I forget
6. Do you miss your ex? Ex who?
7. White chocolate or dark chocolate? Both
8. Do people praise you for your looks? No
9. What is your favorite color of clothing to wear? White top and a black cardigan
10. How do you wear your makeup? Lipgloss/ Pale Lipstick, Dark/Brown Eyeliner/ Concealer
11. What are some of your nicknames? Tintin, Ri
12. How many bedrooms are in your house? I live in a one-bedroom apartment
13. How many bathrooms? One
14. Do you have a job? Researcher/ Freelance Web Content Writer
15. Do you have a car? None
16. Do you work out every week? No
17. Have you ever kissed someone you never saw again? No
18. Have you ever sung in front of a crowd? Yes
19. What kind of bathing suit do you wear? Two piece but I wear board shorts and a light top. I don’t have the confidence to go all the way.
20. Are you a good swimmer? I can’t swim.
21. Do you like your eyes? Yes
22. Do you think you are pretty? Only when I’m sleeping.
23. Who was the last person you talked to in person? My officemate.
24. How much money is in your account? Duh?!
25. Are you single? Very much
26. Do you want kids? Yes
27. Tell me what your backpack looks like: It’s a red outdoor tower backpack
28. Which celebrity do you think is hot? Michael Fassbender
29. Last movie you saw in theatres: Rock of Ages (Yes, I don’t get to watch in the movie theater that often)
30. Are you dating the same person you dated last year? I don’t remember dating anybody.
31. Has someone you were dating ever cheated on you? I have no idea.
32. Have you ever cheated? On a test? Yes!
33: Have you kissed someone whose name starts with a ‘J’?WTF!
34. What is the most illegal question someone asked you about? Do I smoke pot?
35. Most memorable romantic date: None yet
36. Most memorable romantic dance: None yet
37. What song was playing when you danced with him?Here’s the thing, I wan to dance to 311’s version of LOVESONG
38. Do you like someone right now? Does your heart beat for someone right now? I think so.
39. Who is he/she? Secret!
40. Does he/she likes you, too? Is the feeling mutual? I have no idea!
41. What do you plan to do about it? Do you think this plan will work? Plan? I don’t know the art of flirting. I will just continue to daydream.
42. Why? Because I can’t
43. When is your birthday? February 17
44. How tall are you now? 5’4 (and a half…..seriously!)
45. What is your dream birthday gift? I want to travel to Europe
46. Have you tried singing and dancing under the rain? Hell yeah!
47. What other things do you want to try in your life? Cliff Dive and Scuba Dive and Bunjee Jump
48. What do you like to do in your spare time? Read books and lurk online and write sometimes
49. Name the last song you sang in the shower: I forget
50. Post an image of a current object of your desire and strong affection:
The Sea is a Good Place to Think of the Future — Los Campesinos!
I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO POST THE PICTURE. JUST CHECK MY BLOGSPOT.
Pinoy Blogfest 3.0 takes on the Digital Divide
Give each side a chance to air their story—that’s one simple solution to settle the long-standing feud between pro- and anti-Internet piracy supporters. Pinoy Blogfest 3.0, an annual event staged by Gadgets Magazine, aims to do just that. Everyone—no matter which side of the piracy issue you’re on—is invited to be part of this instructive yet fun event, happening on Saturday, 22 September 2012 at the Alphaland Tents (EDSA cor. Chino Roces, near Magallanes MRT station) in Makati City.
Pinoy Blogfest 3.0 is themedCaught in the Web: Both Sides of the Digital Movement, and promises a whole afternoon of exciting activities. Whether you’re a tech geek, a music buff, a gamer, a fashionista, or just someone who wants to learn and discover new things, we’ve cooked up something special just for you.
The afternoon program, which opens at 12:00 noon, is free and open to the public.
The series of activities starts out with a digital photography workshop courtesy of Canon Philippines.Also lined up to talk about internet piracy, its effects, and how online movements are bridging the gap between consumers and content-makers are Atty. Ann Edillon of Bengzon Negre Untalan (BNU) Intellectual Property Attorneys, Diego Mapa of OPM bands Pedicab and Tarsius, and Mark Laccay from local creative funding platform Artiste Connect.
Color It Red, Taken By Cars, Ciudad, and other local OPM bands will be there for special guest performances. You can pick up gifts and prizesfrom our sponsors when you participate in the activities. You can also pick out awesome finds in our fashion aisle courtesy of Supersale Bazaar, while gaming rigs will be set up for those who want some free gaming action.
At the evening program, resource persons from the visual arts, publishing, music and legal industries will give an interactive discussion on internet piracy and digital rights. Legal luminary Adel Tamano, Director for Public Affairs and Communication of Coca-Cola will be the evening’s Keynote Speaker. Concluding the program will be the announcement of the winners of the GoodBlog Awards, music from local band Runmanila, and the raffle draws.
The evening program, which starts at 6:00 pm, is a BIO (By Invitation Only) event. If you wish to attend, please visit the Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/GadgetsMagazine and send a private message with your name and contact details so the organizers can put you on the guest list.
Pinoy Blogfest 3.0 is staged by Gadgets Magazine and is made possible by Coca-Cola, NEO, AOC, Edifier,Ginebra San Miguel Premium Gin, and official media partner Manila Bulletin. For more information, head on over to www.gadgetsmagazine.com.ph/pinoy_blogfest3, or check out our daily updates at www.facebook.com/GadgetsMagazine.